When you are called for a job interview, you need to be aware that every step of the way counts for your success. You need to make a great first impression at the job interview by controlling your body language. Here are some tips to look for.
- Dress to kill! If you look good, you will feel good. Dressing up can increase your confidence, which has good impact to your interview as well.
- Stay calm. Nervousness can kill your interview, so keep calm and ace your interview!
- When arriving at the reception area, ask for your contact person be it the HR person or the manager who should be meeting you.
- Look busy if you are asked to wait. Play with your smart phone or tablet or read a newspaper. Good candidates are always busy; but maybe it’s not a good idea to let them caught you playing Candy Crush.
- When walking to meeting room, walk in a fair pace.
- When you speak, keep it short and brief. Remember the name of the person you are meeting and repeat it in the first few minutes of you meeting or interview.
- When you sit, make sure that you do not confront the person you are meeting or being interviewed by. Keep the angle of the seat to 45 degree.
- Stay calm, think before your talk. Pausing before replying to any question shows that you are thoughtful.
- Do not interrupt the person interviewing you. Let him/her complete the question before you answer.
- Believe in what you say.
- Live up to what you say. Stay honest.
- Your exit from the interview should keep the same pace you entered. Stay calm, shake hands if possible. Close the door if the person you are meeting is not escorting you to the door.
Get that interview call with the help of Style Resumes
Before worrying about the interview, first you have to think how you could get the interview! One of the best ways to get a lot of interview calls from the right company is to submit an excellent resume, tailored to the position you are applying for. For fresh graduates, sometimes crafting a resume might be even harder than mastering the art of interview, so why not leave it in the hands of professionals?
A creative resume could also help you during the interview. When you submit a creative resume, you have stolen the interviewer’s attention from the beginning. Then, the interviewer will be much more enthusiastic about your prospects at the company when he/she is interviewing you.